We are thrilled to release our 2016 Mountain Cabernet Series! This includes the Fountain Grove, K-Block and Wurtele Cabernets that you know and love. The near-perfect 2016 growing season started early, saw ideal weather conditions throughout and wrapped up as the valley’s first significant fall rainstorm arrived on October 14. Thanks to a relatively steady and mild July and August and then a series of warm days at the end of the growing season, vineyards were able to progress to perfect ripeness.
We've created a special 6-pack bundle that includes 2 bottles of each wine and includes a 15% discount and complimentary shipping!
The Mountain Cab Series Bundle:
- 2016 Fountain Grove Cabernet Sauvignon - 90 points from CA Connoissuers Guide
- The vineyard is located about 1 mile from the Napa County line at 1800 feet elevation in the Mayacama mountain range. Just west of the Spring Mountain District in Napa Valley
- 2016 Wurtele Cabernet Sauvignon - 90 points from James Suckling
- Black Cherry, sarsaparilla, blackberry with clove, cedar, vanilla and caramel aromas slowly creep out of the glass. Soft and rich tannins greet the palate leading into a lush and silky texture that sweetens up on the finish.
- 2016 K-Block Cabernet Sauvignon - 91 points from James Suckling
- Black plum, mulberry and boysenberry fruit with cocoa, violet, cedar, dusty earth, dried herbs, and vanilla. Forward, juicy, fruit flavors with soft tannins on the mid-palate finishing with lingering flavors of caramel and vanilla.